To talk is always cheap. There is nothing like you having the experience yourself to know the consequence of the things you say or do just from your perspective of life.
There is really more to what you see.
It’s very possible for you to think that in this time that we are, no one or place would be without internet even any network to make calls. That’s probably because of the regular access you have to it.
As an undergraduate or secondary school student, you might even see your going to school as a waste of time. This is probably because you feel like they are not teaching you how to make money overnight.
As a youth with so much vibrancy and high self esteem, someone who knows what she wants for her life, looking down on others might be easy for you. This is also possible because you’ve been exposed to a certain knowledge and you believe so much in this knowledge that it has helped greatly in shaping the way you think hence giving a beautiful outcome of your life.
Now, LISTEN.
Everything is a BIG DEAL!
READ IT AGAIN.
I mean everything that seems normal and even complain of as being unsatisfied with is a BIG DEAL to someone out there.
I consider it a privilege to enjoy everything I benefit from right now even if I desire more, I can’t help but always be thankful.
I’m writing to you right now to bring to your consciousness or remembrance that you are not the only one existing here.
There are others existing and living like they’ve been cut off from the world due to various reasons.
To a low income community, education is a BIG DEAL.
You want to know why?
It’s because this is like the only means of LIBERATION for them.
Their environment doesn’t permit them to dream as big as they should.
What do they even want to dream about when they are not even aware of what is going on out there.
They are not aware of the level of civilisation that you and I enjoy.
Imagine a young boy who finds life fulfilment from joining cult.
Or a young girl who feels like she has made it in life when a man sleeps with her in fact she would even be begging you just to have sex with her.
EXPOSURE is everything.
KNOWLEDGE is power.
Before you complain, think of the lives who have no access to the little you have.
Instead of complaining, can we begin to think of solutions to these problems.
As a youth, can we begin to take actions to extend the benefits of civilisation we enjoy to those who are not even aware of the meaning talk-less of spelling it.
I’ve over emphasised this in my previous posts about how you should start with where you are and what you have.
Start thinking of how you can use what you know and have to create a transformational change to someone, a society.
You are so relevant and needed in these times.
I’m rooting for you.
Comments
Post a Comment