I want to advise secondary school students, especially S.S.3 students to not lose their momentum with their academics before or when going to the higher institution.
It can affect your academic performance while in a higher institution.
The saying "little drops of water make an ocean" is not a lie at all. Now this might not be the case for everybody but it's advisable you don't take the path where your academics seem like nothing to you.
I tell you it's always a struggle to try to bring up the momentum back, I tell you the truth. Something that you do so effortlessly well at would now become something that looks so unachievable to you.
You keep struggling and if care is not taken you might not like your result in the end especially when everything just keeps happening so fast with assignments, tests, and exams, and you who is trying to get the right pace in between.
Please do all you can to see your academics as interesting and something worth giving your interest to. If you still have this momentum in your academics, I strongly encourage you to continue in it and if you are a secondary school student still struggling with your academics, do your best not to give up. You can do it, this is the best time for you to get it so you don't have a more difficult time later.
This is something I did when I had issues with math in S.S.2, I knew I was better than I was performing but I got distracted and started performing low then I decided to change this performance.
So this is what I did: I got a new exercise book and started with the topics from the beginning, it wasn't easy at all but I practiced a lot and I was still not doing well but in real fact, I was improving.
So there was a time I thought I overcame my struggles and could solve any maths question they brought my way.
Our teacher then gave us a test and for my mind, I finished it off just to see if I got zero, yes, zero. He knew how hard I practiced because I do take questions to him a lot anyways he called me out of the whole class and asked what I scored.
He talked sense into me, spanked me, and asked me to redo it and this time I got all of the questions right. Amazing, right? What happened? If I could get everything why did I get zero? Impatience, and overconfidence, affected me but thank God for the kind of teacher I had then. It won't be easy, I would not deceive you. You would want to give up at some point especially when it seems like you are not improving but that's not true because just a little more effort, patience, endurance, willingness to learn, willingness to stretch, being open for corrections and time, you are sure to be a resounding success because guess what?
I had an A in maths that session and I was so proud of myself then I knew no subject is difficult, it just required more of my attention.
You too can do it. I'm sharing this with you because I want you to be proud of yourself. No subject is too difficult for you to handle.
After all, whatever is worth doing at all is worth doing well so give your best now and even when you get into the higher institution.
Love always,
Faith Akinloye.
Comments
Post a Comment