Skip to main content

Do you have a vision for your life?

You keep getting up each day, putting your best foot forward even on days that are not your best, thinking of the next right move to take, doing all you can and all you know how to do, sometimes you might even get up on some days and end up not doing anything really tangible probably because you are carried away with your thoughts on how you can change your life overnight. 

Most times we really wish we can do nothing and just have all we want. 

To be honest I also desire an easy, smooth and sweet life. Not having to think too much, just eating and watching my favorite kdramas.


This might be your feelings but please can you pay attention to this also. Pay attention to yourself because I keep seeing a lot happening and I feel this strong urge to share this.


I know you are just trying to look for a way out of this whole mess. A way out of being able to just put food on the table. A way out to just helping out the family. A way out to be seen as somebody and probably to be like every other person that seems to be doing so well out there (people who seem like role models and mentors to you especially if they are now your mate or someone younger than you). 

I tell it's possible to have all of these emotions inside of you, you are not weird for having them especially when reality seems to be hitting so hard that you just got to have sense and do something. 

Emphasis on Do Something. 

Some people say they are not the business type or they are the shy type that's why they don't involve themselves in anything that has to do with advertising their business or trying to engage in anything and sometimes you might even feel tempted by this but there again the reality of life, circumstances make you just want to do anything. You might have even whispered or said out loud to those sets of people that it's because life hasn't hit them.


Why am I taking my time to spell out these feelings because I know they are real and valid. Truly, when faced with circumstances, especially harddddd times you can be tempted to just do anything. Exactly why I have to share this.


If at all you fall into any of these categories in one way or another, you should pay attention now to what I'm about to write;


• Stop jumping at everything that comes at your face, let me explain better: At this moment of vulnerability, you can be tempted to just sign up for courses because they seem to relate to you or offer the solution you think you need. You know because I've been seeing a lot of programs/classes/training and the likes, like so many of them which I don't have any dispute against but you would keep attending all of it without any change to your life if you keep jumping at them because you are like " what I just need is money, after attending this training I would just start making money with It ehnnnn, omo e make sense" you then apply for it and another comes up and you do the same because it seems like the way out. I'm sorry if my words don't sit right with you. Scrap that! I'm glad they don't sit well with you because it's got to shake something up in you.


I used to be like this as well, attending training and programs but not channeling them down to anything. After I got enlightened, I would rather miss out on the so-called juicy offer than turn my life into a dumpsite, where everything goes which shouldn't be.


The real way out of anything you feel the need to get out of lies with You!


Learn to sit down with yourself, I mean sit down and have honest conversations. 

At least this year, 2022, take this decision of having a clear moment with yourself and not to keep jumping at offers without really making good use of any of them.


Ask yourself,

Do I really really need this?

For what?

Why do I need this?

Which of my goals is it bringing me closer to?

Even if I do want to switch goals, is it more promising than the other?


Emphasis on More promising than another. 

Many of you already have something you started but because you've gotten so carried away with someone's life and result, you forget to pay attention to what you have and think of how you can make it better or make better use of it.


Let me give an example,

I write thank you notes and sell. Like for real now, this is what I do.

Yes, this is what I do but because it doesn't seem like something that's really talked about all over social media and I see someone seeming to have this flamboyant life that seems well put together with just influencing as work and I assume it just like that "ewwwwee, me too I fine na, e mi beautiful girl, spec lomo, me too I would start uploading my pictures and I would have fans/followers and I would start earning through influencing, simple". Not too long after that, such influencer now releases a course on influencing then I do my best to apply for the course but after trying my best to follow the instructions from the course I still don't seem to be earning enough or even nothing sef.


Just because they wrap a course for you doesn't mean that's not all there is to the work or business.

Oh! They didn't tell you about their years of not earning anything or the days they kept pushing themselves even though they could have given up. There is no easy business anywhere. When they say life is not bread and butter, you think it's because people don't like bread and butter maybe me sha. After all, I don't like it, that's by the way.


Just imagine, what do you expect when your goal isn't really influencing but to make money. When I should have invested that money in my thank you note writing business, promoting my business the best way possible, getting courses in line with my business, and keep being patient for a better outcome each time.


The only reason I can suggest you quit a business can be because you found a better option probably because of your present resources, that's fine! But you didn't put any effort at all and you are now jumping from one place to another. I'm sorry you would keep going in circles with nothing much to show for it.


Sit down with yourself and get things straight. What do you need to focus on to improve your state of living?


Am I saying training is bad, NO!

Am I saying those who promote juicy offers are wasting your time? NO!

They are smart people investing in what they have.


What I'm saying is, enough of you seeing everything as something you should jump at. Scrutinize things well and check if it's in line with your goals. I'm not even just talking about paid training, some of you just join free training with no aim at all! For what? To stress the host/convener or to give them false thoughts? Please stop this nonsense and give yourself the real sense you need to get out of this situation.


One good thing I've learned for myself, nobody can help you get off your situation. They can only assist even if they did help you get out, it might not last because you are yet to deal with yourself.


I sincerely hope this meets you, well.

I pray that this doesn't become the regular post that you read, give the deep sighs i.e hmmmmmmm, and do nothing / take no action. I pray even this aids in the deliverance you are praying for, Amen.


Yours truly,

Faith.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feeding the less privileged is not sustainable?

On the 28th of May 2022, I went along with a non-profit I volunteer for called TEAK Foundations for a charity event at Bariga(Lagos) to celebrate Children's day with the children in the area. Of what use is feeding them just once and for them to be hungry tomorrow "I often thought". It feels like a waste of time. It feels like they are not being helped. I often thought that they should be empowered if they are adults so they can begin to feed themselves and for children, it would be better if a farm or food bank can be created as this would be quite sustainable.  Looking at it from this angle would make you agree with me that charity events are not sustainable but does it make them unnecessary? No, it is still very important and valid. As a non-profit, we might not be able to scrap the daily hunger but we were able to leave them with an unforgettable experience for just that day, we were able to make them not hungry for just that one moment. All it takes for a life to be ...

Feeling unmotivated?

 I love God (so she claims), and I want to live my life solely for God. Yet, she finds herself being indisciplined and doing things that either waste her time or are of no value. Yes, she knows the importance of having a well-structured priority list. She isn't even sure if getting easily distracted is her problem or if she is just confused. She has a vision. She has a goal. She has positive intentions. All of her intentions are for the benefit of mankind. Yet, she finds herself still going in circles and it seems like she isn't growing or going towards the fulfillment of her vision. What would you do if you are here? Or should I say, what would be your best advice to her? My Advice. Honestly, this can happen to anybody it happens to almost everybody including your favorite people. The only reason why you haven't noticed is that they were able to still do the needful despite these things that happens to them. The key here is Self - discipline. I'm usually blown away whe...

IT’S CLOSER TO YOU THAN YOU THINK

  I’m never going to have dreams! Exclaimed by a little girl who was watching the TV with her parents one beautiful afternoon. She was seeing the news report about the result from the just concluded election and the lives that were lost from the whole process. Right there, she made a decision not to be involved in anything that has to do with contributing to the society. She would rather prefer being comfortable in her own house with her family and minding her business. Many youths are like this today. You don’t want to get involved. Everything is now SCAM as it’s popularly called in Nigeria today. We no longer believe anything neither do we want to believe. We’ve come to embrace the mentality of “anything that does not concern me does not concern me” I.e we’ve so much embraced a selfish mentality as long as we have food to eat. The truth is, it isn’t our fault! The dirty stereotype the society has painted in our faces are so green in our memory that we can’t erase it even if we wa...