Skip to main content

Getting rid of boring clothes?

Everything spells out boring when you look at your wardrobe and this is so frustrating especially when you go out and you see everyone looking all trendy. Yes, this seems discouraging and makes you feel bad so you decided to transform your wardrobe which means getting rid of your clothes because you find them boring.


Guess what, those so-called boring clothes can make you look iconic once styling is done.

That's why in my previous post I encouraged you to sort out your colors, you can read it for a better understanding of colors.

Once that is cleared, you've got to put in the effort to be comfortable with yourself by trying whatever styling trick makes you look beautiful. Such as rolling of sleeves of a shirt or rolling your jean trousers if it's too long, adding accessories such as necklaces, wristwatches, adding scarfs on your bag, wearing a hat or beret, and half tucking in of a shirt if it's casual wear.


There are lots of tricks you know. I have so many old clothes but people think they are new because of the way I style them also I portray a certain level of confidence when I put them on. The truth is, I'm still yet to have the full confidence as it's still a mind thing for now gradually growing to be real but it's a process you know so you got to begin this confidence journey so it brings more light to your clothes. For now, start working on your confidence and how you see yourself so that you can be comfortable with your styling ideas. You got this girl!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feeding the less privileged is not sustainable?

On the 28th of May 2022, I went along with a non-profit I volunteer for called TEAK Foundations for a charity event at Bariga(Lagos) to celebrate Children's day with the children in the area. Of what use is feeding them just once and for them to be hungry tomorrow "I often thought". It feels like a waste of time. It feels like they are not being helped. I often thought that they should be empowered if they are adults so they can begin to feed themselves and for children, it would be better if a farm or food bank can be created as this would be quite sustainable.  Looking at it from this angle would make you agree with me that charity events are not sustainable but does it make them unnecessary? No, it is still very important and valid. As a non-profit, we might not be able to scrap the daily hunger but we were able to leave them with an unforgettable experience for just that day, we were able to make them not hungry for just that one moment. All it takes for a life to be ...

Feeling unmotivated?

 I love God (so she claims), and I want to live my life solely for God. Yet, she finds herself being indisciplined and doing things that either waste her time or are of no value. Yes, she knows the importance of having a well-structured priority list. She isn't even sure if getting easily distracted is her problem or if she is just confused. She has a vision. She has a goal. She has positive intentions. All of her intentions are for the benefit of mankind. Yet, she finds herself still going in circles and it seems like she isn't growing or going towards the fulfillment of her vision. What would you do if you are here? Or should I say, what would be your best advice to her? My Advice. Honestly, this can happen to anybody it happens to almost everybody including your favorite people. The only reason why you haven't noticed is that they were able to still do the needful despite these things that happens to them. The key here is Self - discipline. I'm usually blown away whe...

IT’S CLOSER TO YOU THAN YOU THINK

  I’m never going to have dreams! Exclaimed by a little girl who was watching the TV with her parents one beautiful afternoon. She was seeing the news report about the result from the just concluded election and the lives that were lost from the whole process. Right there, she made a decision not to be involved in anything that has to do with contributing to the society. She would rather prefer being comfortable in her own house with her family and minding her business. Many youths are like this today. You don’t want to get involved. Everything is now SCAM as it’s popularly called in Nigeria today. We no longer believe anything neither do we want to believe. We’ve come to embrace the mentality of “anything that does not concern me does not concern me” I.e we’ve so much embraced a selfish mentality as long as we have food to eat. The truth is, it isn’t our fault! The dirty stereotype the society has painted in our faces are so green in our memory that we can’t erase it even if we wa...